Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society

I've gotten more than a few questions over the past year as to why I call my blog dedicated to Woodbury history the "Village Green Preservation Society" and quite frankly I'm a bit surprised more haven't picked up on the joke. Being raised as the Anglophile I am (no, that's not a dirty word), the choice was obvious. It is a reference to English group the Kinks and their amazing 6th LP released in 1968, The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society. With Woodbury's historic start firmly rooted in England and the nice Green family name tie-in, I thought it was perfect. (Not to mention we even have lakefront condos here in town called Village Green.)

Don't take it too seriously though, like the song, it has its tongue firmly planted in its cheek.

0 comments: