In 1910, a committee was formed out of the Woodbury Council No. 31, Order United American Mechanics to raise money for the festivities, but the question of where to hold the event was an issue. Of course we really shouldn't be surprised to find Woodbury's eminent 19th century philanthropist, the Colonel G.G. Green coming to the city's aid when he graciously allowed the use of his land for the site! Read the full announcement printed in a June 22nd issue of the Woodbury Daily Times below.